How much does a drone light show cost?
One of the most asked questions is ‘How much does a show cost?’
The cost of a drone light show depends on a wide range of factors; therefore, we quote every single show individually. Here is a breakdown of some of the things involved in pricing a drone light show.
The cost of a drone light show depends on:
- The number of drones: The number of drones will be determined by how elaborate your desired show design is.
- Location: where the event is held and the area from which the drones take off and land.
- Equipment and personnel: The size of the show will determine how many ground staff and pilots are required to set up and run the show.
Other factors that may affect the cost include the need for specialised software or programming and the cost of any necessary permits or insurance. These factors may require additional equipment or services (such as lighting or sound) needed to support the show.
Drone Sky Shows is Australia’s premium drone light show provider. Our starting rate for a 50-drone, 8-minute pre-programmed show with no changes in an easy-to-launch and perform location close to major CBD cities in Australia costs $25,000; larger, more elaborate shows can go up to $200,000 and higher.
As technology and laws around drones change, the cost will come down, and we will be actively looking to reduce this in the coming months.
What does the price include?
If you are curious to know what is included in the price, here is what Drone Sky Shows provides:
- Initial consultation with you to ensure we thoroughly understand your vision.
- Concept storyboarding to final rendering.
- Choreography creation by an experienced designer.
- Video simulation of the show.
- Up to 12 minutes of drone flight time.
- Multiple iterations with the client.
- Handling of all insurance and permits.
- A full rehearsal on a private airfield in Western Australia.
- A full rehearsal of the final show location.
- Extensive on-site testing to ensure your show will be flawlessly executed.
- The final show!
How many drones do you need?
The price of a drone show is primarily based on the number of drones used. Essentially, each drone represents a pixel in the sky, so the more drones involved, the higher the level of precision and the more intricate patterns and formations that can be created.
The number of drones used in a drone light show can range from a few dozen to hundreds or thousands, depending on the size and complexity of the show.
The number of drones needed for a drone light show can vary widely depending on the specific needs of the show, your budget, the size of the audience, the space of the performance area, and the choreography of the show.
Below is an overview of what types of designs can be created with the various numbers of drones:
- 200 drones: Simple logos and shapes. Best suited for small spaces.
- 300 drones: Dynamic animations, vid shapes, figures, text, etc.
- 300 drones: Bold and creative 3D animations
- 500 drones: Larger and more detailed 3D animations and art
- More than 500 drones: Larger animations and art featuring thousands of drones
At Drone Sky Shows, we have a team of experts to help you determine the appropriate number of drones needed for your event based on your budget, performance area, and desired level of complexity.
Check out this video to get an idea of what 50, 100, and 200 drones look like in the sky.
In summary, the cost of a drone light show can vary widely depending on the specifics of your event. Shows are tailor-made and the price will depend on individual requirements.
Drone Sky Shows specialises in producing high-quality drone light shows, and we can help you plan and execute a show that meets your budget and needs.